Is this your first time here?
Dear Friends University Community:
With careful planning and guidance from the CDC and health officials, the Friends University Administration has been monitoring closely the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our primary concern is to keep our students, faculty, staff and community members safe and do what we can to limit person-to-person exposure to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. There have been no reported cases in Wichita and a limited number of cases in Kansas, however we feel it is in the best interest of our community to extend spring break by one week for students. The campus will remain open and faculty and staff will continue to report to campus as normal. Students as you prepare to leave campus for spring break, here is what you need to know:
- Spring break has been extended by one week from March 14-29 for ALL Students.
- All classes will resume on Monday, March 30 in an online format. At this time face-to–face classes will resume on Monday, April 6, although there is a possibility that some, if not all of our courses could be adapted to an online or alternate mode of delivery.
- Students need to watch their campus emails and check Moodle for communications from their professors as specific class requirements may vary from class-to-class.
- Students are encouraged to return to their permanent residence. In the event students are unable to return to their permanent residence, the residence halls will be open with limited food service.
- KCAC athletic events MAY be suspended temporarily. More information will follow as it becomes available.
- Continue to watch the Friends University website, www.friends.edu/coronavirus for more updates.
Please be sure to exercise good hygiene and take care of yourself. Your assistance in maintaining good health and limiting the spread of the virus protects our community. Please keep those who have been affected in your thoughts and prayers. For further questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Amy Bragg Carey
Schedule your advising appointment today and plan your spring and summer 2020 enrollment!!!
Courses will fill up quickly so don't be left behind.
Contact your Faculty Advisor or Academic Success Coach today!!!
New to Moodle?
Basic technical and how-to questions can be answered through the Learning House Help Desk.
Forgotten your username or password? (If you have already set up your security questions. If not, contact the Friends Help Desk.)
Friends Help Desk
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
E-mail (email@example.com) or call the Friends Help Desk.
Please include your name, e-mail address, the nature of the problem, course affected, and a contact number.
Private Postsecondary Complaint Process - Private postsecondary institutions operating in Kansas must meet and maintain certain standards of quality in order to qualify for a certificate allowing them to offer or provide training or course work to Kansas citizens. It is the mutual goal of the Kansas Board of Regents and the certified institutions to provide quality educational training and programs. When problems arise, students should make every attempt to find a fair and reasonable solution by taking the steps outlined in the Kansas Board of Regents complaint process. more information
Student Concerns Regarding Kansas SARA Institutions - Out-of-state students enrolled in programs offered by a Kansas -based SARA member institution, and who reside in a different state that is also a party to the SARA Agreement, may make a complaint regarding that program and institution by using the KBOR form.
Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser for Moodle. It is REQUIRED for taking online quizzes and exams.
Download Mozilla Firefox.